Lower School Application Process
- Parents of applicants to Kindergarten - Grade 4 tour the school in small groups.
- Kindergarten applicants are invited to participate in a work/play session which
includes other applicants and members of the faculty. Parents of kindergarten
applicants are scheduled for an admission interview.
- For Grades 1- 4, appointments are scheduled for an applicant only when there
is an opportunity for enrollment in the grade.
- Request admissions information by inquiring online through the school
website. If you do not contact us through our website, information is available
by calling the Admissions Office.
- Call the Admissions Office to schedule a parent tour (offered September – January).
- Submit application and $75 fee to Collegiate School (by December 1).
The application fee may be waived for families applying for financial aid.
Retain a copy of the application for your files.
- To be considered for Kindergarten, schedule the applicant to take the ERB test (AABL)
and arrange for the results to be sent to Collegiate School. To register and for additional
information, please visit erblearn.org/aabl-for-families.
- To be considered for Grades 2-4, schedule the applicant to take the ERB test (ECAA)
and arrange for results to be sent to Collegiate School. To register and for additional
information, please visit erblearn.org.
- The Admissions Office will acknowledge receipt of your application.
- The Admissions Office will call to schedule an applicant visit and parent interview
after the application is received and filed. Applicants to Grades 1-4 may contact the
Admissions Office regarding opportunities for enrollment. Appointments are scheduled
only when there is an opportunity for enrollment in the grade.
- If applying for financial aid –
- File the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) with the School and Student
Services By NAIS (sssbynais.org/parents).
- Request that a copy of the report be sent to Collegiate School.
Collegiate SSS code: 2488
- In addition to the PFS, submit your family's most recently filed federal tax return
and supplementary documents to Collegiate School, no later than January 15.
Collegiate SSS code: 2488
Please note: All information concerning the applicant should be received in the Admissions
Office no later than January 10. Return required forms by e-mail to SubmitInfo@collegiateschool.org
or by mail. In e-mail correspondence, please include in the subject line the applicant's
and first and last names
To contact the Admissions Office:
Collegiate School, 260 West 78th Street, New York, NY 10024-6516.